Would you like to be part of a fast-growing team that believes no one should have to succumb to HPV-driven cancers? Naveris, a biotech startup based near Boston, MA is looking for a Molecular Technologist I/II (Research) team member to help us develop our next great product for patients at risk of developing viral cancers. Our flagship test, NavDx, is a breakthrough blood-based DNA test for HPV cancers, clinically proven and already trusted by hundreds of physicians and institutions across the U.S.
The Molecular Technologist (Research) performs laboratory analysis on clinical specimens using established laboratory procedures. Duties include but are not limited to; processing of specimens, performance of moderate, and highly complex analytical testing, establishing performing and documenting quality assurance, quality control, equipment maintenance, and accurately documenting all work performed under the direction of R&D management. A Research Technologist will recognize and resolve problems using good laboratory practices.
You will be supporting the Research and Development Laboratory in analysis on clinical specimens. Duties include:
- Effectively communicates via written, verbal, face-to-face, telephone, and computer methods.
- Respects and maintains the confidentiality of information relative to clients and patients
- Maintains CAP/CLIA level standards
- Maintains quality assurance and quality control programs, taking corrective action when necessary
- Rigorously maintain a high level of aseptic discipline on a daily basis
- Follow lab procedures for specimen processing
- Determines specimen acceptability, consulting with supervisor, technologist, or Lab Director as needed taking appropriate action when necessary
- Accurately enters all required information presented on Clinical Study
- Requisition Forms or client specific requisitions into the laboratory information system
- Understands and recognizes laboratory information system alerts and flags and takes the appropriate action
- Recognizes when information presented on requisitions is unclear and ambiguous and knows and follows corrective actions to be taken
- Assists in the drafting of result reports within the scope of the position
- Communicates with staff to ensure highest level quality of work for each specimen received
- Assists technologist team with various lab duties
- Performs moderate, and/or highly complex analytic processes with/without direct supervision. Interprets problems with specimens which meet the rejection criteria for unacceptable samples. Makes the decision to reject a sample and request recollection to ensure validity of results.
- Operates laboratory instruments and ensures proper functioning of laboratory equipment.
- Completes and documents required maintenance activities on equipment, recognizes and elevates potential issues reporting service needs to leadership for resolution.
- Performs quality control procedures as specified and maintains quality control records and documentation necessary to meet the standards of accrediting agencies.
- Understands appropriate specimen collection, handling and transport procedures.
- Prepares specimens for analysis and determines acceptability of samples within guidelines.
- Assists in developing procedures for specimen collection, handling and transport to maintain specimen integrity and viability.
- Validates acceptability of test results by review test parameters.
- Identifies the technical, instrumental and/or physiologic causes of unexpected test results.
- Monitors quality assurance and assists in data collection and preparation of QA indicators.
- Performs internal and external proficiency testing. Handles proficiency testing samples in the same manner as patient samples.
- Maintains clean and orderly work area. Cleans bench surfaces and equipment each shift or after contamination or spill.
- Meets work product output expectations maintaining all section turn-around times.
- Participates in continuing education and staff meetings. Prepares and presents continuing education programs for department personnel as requested.
- Responsible for own professional development.
- Applies step by step thinking, problem solving and critical thinking patterns.
- Contributes to design, research, review and writing of laboratory manuals.
- Remains informed of procedure updates and changes.
- Complies with safety and hazard regulations as outlined in the Laboratory Safety Manual. Failure to follow safety protocols will result in disciplinary action.
- Understands, maintains and enforces safety guidelines.
- Observes principles of data security and patient confidentiality. Maintains ethical standards in the performance of testing and in interactions with patients, co-workers and other health care professionals.
- Demonstrates adaptability by embracing changes in the laboratory with a positive attitude.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Laboratory Science/Medical Technology or in the chemical, molecular, or biological sciences
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- 1+ years experience in PCR preferably ddPCR
- 2+ years experience in BSL-II environment or higher
- 2+ years experience working in a clinical laboratory setting preferred
- Experience in molecular testing preferred
- Experience in DNA extraction preferred
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) is a federal law that describes the national standards to protect sensitive patient health information from being disclosed without the patient’s consent or knowledge. All roles at Naveris require compliance with legal and regulatory requirements of HIPAA and acceptance and adherence to all policies and standards at Naveris. Personnel acknowledges they are personally responsible for reporting any suspected violations or abuse and are required to complete HIPAA training when joining the company.
In addition to our great team and advanced medical technology, we offer our employees competitive compensation, work/life balance, remote work opportunities, and more!
Naveris is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Naveris is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We don’t just accept differences – we celebrate and support them. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Medical insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance