Would you like to be part of a fast-growing team that believes no one should have to succumb to viral cancer? Naveris, a biotech startup based near Boston, MA, is looking for a Patient Accounts Coordinator team member to help us develop our next great product for patients at risk of developing viral cancers. Our flagship test, NavDx, is a breakthrough blood-based DNA test for HPV cancers, clinically proven and already trusted by hundreds of physicians and institutions across the U.S.
We are looking for a conscientious, knowledgeable individual to join our team, and be responsible for communicating with our patients and clients. This includes scheduling appointments, providing reports, and ensuring patient and client questions are answered in a timely and accurate manner.
Reporting to the Client Services Operations Manager, you will be supporting patients and physicians as they order the NavDx blood test. Duties include:
- Receive and interview patients to collect and verify pertinent demographic and financial data.
- Greet patients and physicians professionally during inbound/outbound calls.
- Accurately describe our services and billing procedures to patients and clients.
- Verify insurance coverage/benefits using online eligibility or telephone inquiries.
- Initiate pre-authorization processes when required.
- Enter accurate billing information into the system.
- Schedule appointments for phlebotomy services.
- Ensure timely and accurate data entry into scheduling systems and Google sheets.
- Ship blood draw kits and track deliveries as needed.
- Follow privacy guidelines as dictated by state and federal law.
- Handle patient information (PHI) responsibly and maintain confidentiality.
- Answer telephone and email inquiries promptly and professionally.
- Referring complex billing inquiries to relevant personnel when necessary.
- Maintain accurate records of billing transactions and patient interactions.
- Communicate to patients their estimated financial responsibility.
- Assist patients in need of extended payment terms or financial assistance program.
- Perform all assigned duties in a courteous and professional manner.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism when interacting with clients, patients, and colleagues.
- Collaborate with the billing team to ensure accurate and efficient billing processes.
- High school diploma or equivalent degree is required
- Exceptional knowledge of office computer systems and software
- General knowledge of medical terminology and billing procedures
- Strong written and communication skills with clients and customers.
- Experience working in data entry software and maintaining detailed information regarding available stock and supplies or other data
- Ability to effectively work within record software and update files accurately
- Organize and add detailed information to the personal calendar of management and other members of staff
- Strong attention to detail
- Continuing education regarding best practices in database organization · Experience maintaining a professional level of privacy in accordance with HIPAA or other relevant regulations
- Maintain and order office and supplies as requested by management and staff
- Familiarity with Google Workspace (Docs, Sheets, Gmail, etc.) and SalesForce required
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) is a federal law that describes the national standards to protect sensitive patient health information from being disclosed without the patient’s consent or knowledge. All roles at Naveris require compliance with legal and regulatory requirements of HIPAA and acceptance and adherence to all policies and standards at Naveris. Personnel acknowledges they are personally responsible for reporting any suspected violations or abuse and are required to complete HIPAA training when joining the company.
In addition to our great team and advanced medical technology, we offer our employees competitive compensation, work/life balance, remote work opportunities, and more!
Naveris is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Naveris is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We don’t just accept differences – we celebrate and support them. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.