Research Associate/ Senior Research Associate: Diagnostics
NAVERIS is seeking a talented, highly motivated and results-oriented Assay Scientist to join the Diagnostics Development group to support the development and optimization of NavDX assays in our clinical labs. The ideal candidate has product development and clinical lab experience in a dynamic, multidisciplinary environment and a strong working knowledge of molecular biology, high throughput automation and next generation sequencing (NGS).
- Work with a multidisciplinary team of molecular biology, computational and regulatory scientists to support the development and optimization of clinical oncology diagnostic assays.
- Optimize and implement assay features including establishing performance specifications, designing and conducting required development and validation work, and producing final reports and SOPs.
- Conduct investigations and analyses to troubleshoot and enhance existing methods, improving assay capabilities and technical robustness.
- Author detailed, accurate, and accessible records of experimental data and high quality protocols, plans and reports.
- Experience developing, implementing and supporting high complexity clinical assays in a regulated environment (CLIA, CAP, ISO) including writing standard operating procedures, validation protocols and data reports.
- Extensive experience with molecular biology techniques and an understanding of the practices and principals of NGS, ddPCR, and including DNA-seq and target-enrichment.
- Experience with robotic liquid handlers, lab automation and instrumentation.
- Results oriented with daily focus on working to achieve individual, project and group goals.
- Scientific thought process and understanding of assay parameters illustrating creative approaches to problem solving to inform assay troubleshooting and optimization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Collaborative, team-player who enjoys working with diverse groups to accomplish great things.
Education or Experience:
- BSc, MSc, PhD, or equivalent, in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics is preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years working in Industry and/or Academia.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate scientific results in internal and external presentations and publications.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in a dynamic, fast paced team environment.