NAVERIS is seeking a talented, highly motivated and results-oriented Clinical Laboratory Scientist I /II to perform laboratory analysis on clinical specimens using established laboratory procedures. Duties include but are not limited to; processing of specimens, performance of moderate, and highly complex analytical testing, establishing performing and documenting quality assurance, quality control, equipment maintenance, and accurately documenting all work performed under the direction of the Laboratory Medical Director. A Clinical Laboratory Scientist I/II will recognize and resolve problems using good laboratory practices.
- Performs moderate, and/or highly complex analytic processes without direct supervision. Interprets problems with specimens which meet the rejection criteria for unacceptable samples. Makes the decision to reject a sample and request recollection to ensure validity of results.
- Operates laboratory instruments and ensures proper functioning of laboratory equipment.
- Completes and documents required maintenance activities on equipment, recognizes and elevates potential issues reporting service needs to leadership for resolution.
- Performs quality control procedures as specified and maintains quality control records and documentation necessary to meet the standards of accrediting agencies.
- Understands appropriate specimen collection, handling and transport procedures.
- Prepares specimens for analysis and determines acceptability of samples within guidelines.
- Assists in developing procedures for specimen collection, handling and transport to maintain specimen integrity and viability.
- Validates acceptability of test results by review test parameters.
- Identifies the technical, instrumental and/or physiologic causes of unexpected test results.
- Monitors quality assurance and assists in data collection and preparation of QA indicators.
- Performs internal and external proficiency testing. Handles proficiency testing samples in the same manner as patient samples.
- Maintains clean and orderly work area. Cleans bench surfaces and equipment each shift or after contamination or spill.
- Meets work product output expectations maintaining all section turn-around times.
- Participates in continuing education and staff meetings. Prepares and presents continuing education programs for department personnel as requested. Responsible for own professional development.
- Assists in training and verifying competency of new employees.
- Applies step by step thinking, problem solving and critical thinking patterns.
- Contributes to design, research, review and writing of laboratory manuals. Remains informed of procedure updates and changes.
- Complies with safety and hazard regulations as outlined in the Clinical Laboratory Safety Manual. Failure to follow safety protocols will result in disciplinary action. Understands, maintains and enforces safety guidelines.
- Observes principles of data security and patient confidentiality. Maintains ethical standards in the performance of testing and in interactions with patients, co-workers and other health care professionals.
- Demonstrates adaptability by embracing changes in the laboratory with a positive attitude.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
Education or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Laboratory Science/Medical Technology or in the chemical, molecular, or biological sciences; or Associates degree in Clinical Laboratory Science. Must satisfy the education requirements of the applicable certifying agency, i.e. CAP.
- Appropriate certification from one of the nationally recognized certification agencies, i.e. CAP or state licensure that has been determined to be equivalent.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in a dynamic, fast paced team environment.